Our Zazzle store front

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Man, I love this mail bag!

I absolutely love it when the citizens decide to participate on our blog. We received this e-mail from a young lady and can't believe what was said. I guess there really are two sides to every story. I will leave her contact information out. I guess she thought we would give her a call.

Aug 30th 2008

I was watching a movie on the computer, at my friend’s apartment, about 1:45AM; I heard a large truck drive by. I walked outside, I called my friend Marcellus and talked to him about the strange activity, and I watched them load up a older gray sedan onto a flat bed tow truck and leave from the leasing office, a white camaro flowed the truck out.
I Did not see anyone or any other cars at the office from where I was. I got into my car and drove up to the leasing office to see what had happened.
As I was approaching the office, I could see a marked MPD police Charger. There where no lights flashing, and no Police officers around, I drove past the Police car, a motorcycle and a Green SUV parked off to the side, I believe the Green SUV was the security Car. a Yellow Firebird was off to the side of the drive.
A Uniformed Hooah Security guard, white male, wearing black pants and a gray polo shirt, steeped in front of my car and told me to stop, I stopped and rolled down my drivers side window. He told me to get out of the car. I asked what for? He told me again to get out of the car. I told him no, that I would not get out of my car for a security guard.
I rolled up my window and pulled forward, another white male in the yellow Firebird pulled out in front of me, and blocked me in, I put my car in reverse, a black male security guard, hit my drivers side window with his flashlight and said that if I did not roll my window down that he would brake the glass and pull me out, he was wearing black pants and a gray button down shirt, dress belt, silver beaded necklace with the I.D. turned around, and a small silver badge on his right hip.
I stopped, and rolled the window down about 5 inches, he asked me for my I.D. I told him I did not have it with me, he asked me for my name, I asked what for? He asked me for my address, I asked what for? He put his fingers in my window and held my window down, and told a female to mace me.
At the same time another male is pulling on my passenger side door handle trying to get inside my car. The female sprays the mace into my ear, eyes, nose, mouth and hair. I screamed, stop! stop! someone please help! I never saw the female or what she was wearing.
I heard the male security guard say “oh shit” and pulled his fingers out of my window. Marcellus was still on the phone with me, and he told me to leave as fast as I could.
I rolled the window up, and hit the gas, going in reverse as fast as I could, the black male security guard and the female, where beside my car, on the drivers side, the male hit the side of my car and my windows with his flashlight as I pulled away, and when I got around the circle I heard 2 shots and my drivers side window shattered, and my driver side front tire blew out.
Marcellus told me to go to the Fire station for help, I drove to the station, about ½ mile away and banged on the door for someone to let me in, a Firefighter came to the door and asked what happened, I told him I had been maced, someone shot at me, and I cant breath, I think there trying to kill me.
He let me inside and got me a cold wet towel, another Firefighter had me sit down and asked what had happened, I told them that security had stopped me, and tried to force me out of my car, they Maced me, and as I was leaving someone shot at me. I told them I was scared for my life.
I called my brother and told him what happened and asked him to come and help me.
One of the Firefighters walked outside and looked at my car, and about 10 minuets later, a MPD police car pulled up, both Firefighters walked outside to talk to him, the Officer came inside and asked me if the white sedan was my car, I said yes it is. He asked me where my weapon was, I said I do not have a weapon, they Maced me, and shot at me. The Officer said that a call went out that a small white sedan had shot at MPD Officers and they had returned fire. I told him again that I did not have a weapon.
The officer went back outside and other officers arrived, they asked me to come outside and talk to them, they took my car key, and my cell phone away from me.
Officer Davis put me in the back of his Police car. After about 30mins of being in the back of the car, Officer Davis came back to the car, I asked him if I could have my phone, and make a call. He said no.
About this time my brother had come up to the station, I asked if my Brother could get some numbers out of my phone and make some calls for me. He said no. I asked if I could make any calls at all, He said no.
And he steeped back out of the car. A hour passed before he came back to the car, I asked him for some paper towels or napkin or water or something to get the Mace out of my eyes, he said no.
I asked him if I could see my car and the damages, he said no. But he did take photos and show me them on his phone.
5:25am another Officer arrived and put me in handcuffs to take me downtown. I told him that I have a shoulder injury and asked if he could put the cuffs in front of me, he said no.
I was taken to 201 Poplar, and I was handcuffed by my ankle to a bench. About 8:30 am Detective Chatman came and walked me down the hall to a room, he asked me to read my Miranda rights out loud and sign the paper and date it.
He then told me I was under arrest for Aggravated Assault. He then asked me for my statement and typed it up, printed it out and asked me to sign and date, and note of the time, 9:50 AM.
Detective Chatman told me that the black male security guard was a MPD officer and that I tried to run him over with my car.
I then sat in the room, still handcuffed by my ankle to a chair. Detective Chatman came back to get me around 11:20 AM he told me I was going to be taken to Jail East. I asked him to call my Brother and tell him, what I was arrested for, and where they where taking me. He called my brother, and then I was transported to Jail East about 12pm.
I was striped searched, the transporting officer stood outside the window and watched as I was removing my cloths.
After that I was told to go sit down after I got back dressed.
I called my Dad and he said they where trying to get me out and wanted to know what they could do, I said I don’t know but I had been trying to call them all day and no one would let me make any calls.
I called my Mom at 4 PM and she said she was at the bail bondsman and they would come and get me soon.
6pm they called me back to change cloths and go to my cell, where I finally got to take a shower and wash the Mace off of my face.
Around 9:15pm they called me and told me my parents where there to get me.
9:30pm I left with my parents.

My name is K. K.; I am a single, 21 year old, white female. I have never been in trouble with the law before now.
My brother is a MPD officer, and my best friend Marcellus is a Security officer.
I have had nothing but respect for Law enforcement officers.
Until now, now I am scared to death of anyone with a gun, I am scared to leave my house with out someone being with me.
Im afraid that if the security guards see me or my car, they will kill me.

I was at Marcellus’s apartment at 4**** Raleigh Lagrange, Memphis TN 38128
Date/Time Occurred Between
8/30/2008 1:50AM and 8/30/2008 1:56 AM
Date/Time Police Arrived
8/30/2008 2:27 AM

Incident Report #0808018314ME

The Black Male Security Guard/MPD officer is one Claxton, Cedric
The Female is one MPD Officer White, Latonia
The Hooah Security Guard who stopped me was one Forrester, William A
The White Male in the yellow Firebird was one Anderson, James

And Witnesses
One Black male Hooah Security Guard Triplett, Larry E.
And Conway, Sharmu J. (a 19yr old resident of Jennifer Meadows)

It took me 7 days to get my car back. MPD and CSI had broken out the driver side window and left if uncovered during 3 days of rain. They had taken my driver side wheel and rim off and left my car sitting on its axel.
There are several dents along the sides of my car and on the roof of the car.
My front bumper has been dragged and will need to be replaced.
I have had to replace the entire driver’s side door due to damages. And the inerter has substantial water damage.
I had a number of things stolen out of my car while it was in Police custody, including $300 cash, gift cards ranging in $5, to $15. An ipod nano, a 2cell Maglight flashlight, a pairing knife, small crowbar, and my car’s jack.
Also my one and only Car key* witch I gave to the officers at the Fire station was also Lost or Stolen by MPD.
Because the Jack had been stolen, I had to get a Tow truck to come and get my car.
And I have had a hard time getting back and forth to work and court appointments with out my Car.

I have had to miss work due to not having my car. and my Mom and Dad have both missed work to take me to court appointments.
My life has been hell sense 8/30/2008
My bills have been piling up, and it’s become harder and harder for me to get a new job.
I work retail and my hours at work have been cut due to the price of gas and everything else going up. And with out my car I can’t really get another job. I now have attorney fees and damages to my car that I have to pay for.

Any help or advice you can give me would be very much appreciate
thank you for your time.
- KK