Our Zazzle store front

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Exit stage left. Maybe?


This was just posted anonymously and hasn't been confirmed.

Subj: Please Post and Forward


In November of 2007, I made a choice to run for President of the MPA with intentions of doing great things for the Association. I have accomplished exactly what I set out to do. I have fulfilled my campaign promises. I am now, and will forever be grateful to all of those who supported me in that endeavor. Today I still have those aspirations of doing great things with the Association. The past few months have been very trying for this Association as well as my family. I refuse to take a demotion and give up ground already taken. I hope that any officer would never give up what they earned in order to give in. I feel comfortable that I have been doing the best that I possibly can under the circumstances. Better things will be accomplished in the future under the leadership of Sgt. Rab Edwards. I have decided to be the better man in this battle with the city, and leave on my terms, knowing I have accomplished what I set out to do. I must do what is best for this Association. I will be placing the President's seat on the ballot in the upcoming election to be held April 4th 2008. Once the election is completed and there is a confirmed winner for my seat, I will resign the next day. I know this is somewhat shocking, but I feel it is in the best interest of the Association.


This decision has absolutely nothing to do with the events that have unfolded over the past couple of weeks with regard to the Financial Oversight Committee. I still stand behind those findings, and that information has been turned over to the Federal authorities where it will be dealt with until its completion. I/we owe Rab Edwards and Rick Melton a great deal of gratitude for their efforts in correcting a serious problem within our Association. I support both of these men and think that they are great assets to our membership. Let’s keep the momentum going and take this Association and its membership to a higher level than it has ever been in the past. Be strong, be involved, and support those people who have your best interest at heart. For you naysayers, where is your courage to step up to do what we have accomplished? Our actions will always speak louder than our words.

The only constant in our universe is change.

Sincerely Yours,
Gene E. Hulley
Memphis Police Association

March 19, 2008 8:09 PM